- This event has passed.
Perry Twp Community Days
August 20, 2021Free
A whole family fun weekend celebration of Perry Twp – Clarion Co at the David Wetzel Memorial Park at 73 Collier Rd Parker, PA 16049 August 20-21, 2021!
The weekend kicks off Friday August 20, 2021 with community wide yard sales from 8am-2pm (for those who want to venture their stuff to the park to sell, a Jumble Sale is going to be there as well. Please contact PTCD committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for table space rental.)
There is also going to be a Pet Extravaganza on Friday! At 5pm the 40+ vendors & clubs open and go until 8pm. From 6pm – 7pm the $12 rabies clinic. At 6:30 pm the pet contests begin!
Saturday 21st…. Let’s showcase the day here. Vendors are a huge part of the day, BUT that’s not all….
- 5K Walk/Run along Lime Plant Rd. (register at Park Hill First Church of God at 7:30 am) Race 8 am…there are T-shirts too! Who first like a cool event T-shirt?
- Softball tournament – See Zach Muhl, if you’d like to be part. Trophies for the winners & an MVP will be named!
- Vendors, Vendors, and more Vendors! Something for everyone! Shop from 10am-2pm. The Meadows Custard Van from 12-5pm. Kettle Korn, Homemade Lemonade.
- Tim Thompson Recycling will hold a Corn Hole Tournament. It is $30 to enter and there will be a CASH prize for 1st – 3rd!
- Raffle items…there are around 100 raffle items. ALL our raffle monies on Saturday will go to families in need in our area! This isn’t about us gaining money, but giving back to the community! Help us in this!
- Perry Twp Historical Society will have a photo gallery set-up from 10am-6pm in the firehall. They will also have the Perry Twp Schoolhouse open and there will be 2 guided tours.
- A memorial Car Cruise will be taking place at the Park Hill Church Of God parking lot from 1pm – 4pm. First 50 entries will receive a free dash plaque.
Saturday Stage center presentations…
- 12pm H. Jack Buzard, along with the VFW will provide a special flag raising ceremony and tribute to our community. Donna Oberlander, County Representative will follow.
- 1pm “Rapping About Our Roots”, by Sally Jordan Reed (genealogist and historian).
- 2pm Next Step, Clarion will share their needs within our community.
- 5pm a free concert event with 7x Blues Music Association nominee and 2019 & 2020 winner BMA Horn Player Of The Year Vanessa Collier! She and her 5 piece band will take the stage to bring the crowd an evening of blues, funk, jazz and rock. You will not want to miss this! Thanks to all who have paid-it-forward in honor or memory of a loved one for this to happen! There will be limited seating (folding chairs) provided so we do strongly recommend you bring your favorite comfy outdoor chair or blanket for this.
Concession from lunch to evening will benefit a Dominican Mission Team. Your sure time find a great variety of food and your support will go beyond to help many!
Kids & Adult Games will take place starting at 3pm. There will be the three legged race, haybale toss, summer Olympic Games for kids and more…Becky Johnson will wow us with her great gaming techniques!
Sunday 22nd will be a community wide church service. All the churches in the local area will be coming together on the lawn of the park for some awesome preaching and time of worship. A community choir is being formed to sing songs of worship so if you are interested in being part of the choir please call the Park Hill Church Of God at 814-358-2470.
At 2pm archaeologist Ken Burkett will be taking center stage to do a presentation on the Parker’s Landing Petroglyphs.